Everyone gets hungry throughout the day in between meals. One of my favorite things to snack on are chips. Whether they are regular chips, sour cream and onion, BBQ, Doritos, Tostitos, or any of the others you can think of, they all are delicious. However, it is no secret that any kind of chip is not exactly good for you. Chips are loaded with sodium and have more grams of fat in a serving than we need in something that is just a snack. The even bigger problem with chips is that once you start eating them, you can’t stop! When that bag is open in front of you it is almost impossible to have self control and put it away. Next thing you know, the entire bag is gone. So, the question is, what can we eat as a snack in place of chips? Here’s six delicious alternatives to chips:
1) Carrot Sticks – These veggies are delicious and you can eat them raw which is great because there is no cooking involved! They are great on their own, or you can add some flavor by dipping them in something like light french onion dip.
2) Fruit – Any kind of fruit is good for you, and tastey too! My favorites are apples, bananas, peaches, and strawberries. Fruit is sweet and will satisfy your craving for a treat in a healthy way.
3) Smoothie – These are great because even though they are a drink, they are extremely filling. You can put whatever you like into a smoothie; your favorite fruits, favorite juices, even favorite yogurt.
4) Popcorn – Most people wouldn’t think that popcorn would be a healthy snack. However, it is much better for you thank chips. It will satisfy that salt craving you may have, and you’ll know it’s better than snacking on chips.
5) Nuts and Seeds – These are a great snack because they are easy to nibble on. As long as you avoid buying salted nuts, you pretty much can’t go wrong.
6) Sweet Potato – This kind of potato is better for you, and it is deliciously sweet. You can prepare it however you like and it’ll end up being the perfect snack.